I’ve been using “oils” since before they were cool. Meaning, I would get them off the shelf at Whole Foods. I didn’t realize there was a difference between those and the oils you’re hearing about now from Young Living, DoTerra, etc. My oil journey started a few years ago by going to one of those oil parties…wait, that sounds weird. You know the old fashioned “tupperware parties” people used to have? Well it’s the same type of thing except you’re learning about and buying oils.
I was definitely sold on the idea of using oils as a natural remedy to avoid doctor visits at any cost! Since Turner was starting school for the first time, I wanted to feel like I had some influence on keeping germs and colds at bay! So, I signed up with my first set of oils through DoTerra but it was sort of hard to manage on my own. After about a year of using their oils, I made the switch to Young Living. I signed up under a friend of mine because I felt more comfortable picking her brain. I also liked the set up with YL because I could order them through my own website and not have to deal with any sort of salesman trying to make me buy things I didn’t need.
I’ll start with a little background on these oils. I actually went to a local seminar on Young Living because I was that obsessed and wanted to learn as much as I could. My inner hippy was jumping for joy! So…what’s the hype?
- they’re derived from plants (cold pressed, resin tapped, or steamed)
- they’re easily absorbed
- they’re extremely potent (75 lemons makes a 15mL bottle of lemon oil)
- they can be used internally (*vitality oils), topically, and aromatically (diffused)
There’s a lot to know about these oils. HERE is an article that explains more about them! It’s easy to feel overwhelmed. So I started with two simple tasks: making roller bottles (order HERE) and making spray bottles (order HERE) of my favorite blends. These will be listed on the free printables I have for you a little later in the post.
How to Get Started?
- Sign up online HERE (enter 3514969 where it asks for sponsor and enroller ID).
- Select your starter kit. Below is the one I chose. It lists out the oils it comes with. **Vitality means it can be ingested. It can also be used aromatically and topically. This kit also comes with a diffuser. If you find that you want another diffuser (I have four), here is a link to my favorite diffuser ever.
- Sign up for “Essential Rewards” replenishment (optional!!!). You actually have to choose to “Confirm Autoship” if you want that. You can change that order by logging on to your account at any time. Also you can “Add more products”. If you do that, I recommend getting the carrier oil. If not, you can find another carrier oil (anything cold-pressed: olive, avocado, grape seed).
- Order your glass roller bottles and glass spray bottles (these are the larger bottles used for household cleaners. You can get small spray bottles which are great for body/room sprays).
- Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions! I’m happy to help.
Now for the fun part! Let’s make some oils. Here are links to FREE printable labels for your oil bottles:
So, basically, I want to make it as easy as possible for you to get your hands on these oils! I love them and I know they help us live a healthier life! Please reach out if you have any questions. I never get tired of talking about these babies! I also love hearing your favorite mixes and ways you use your oils. So please share on the blog!