This granola is AMAZING. I am always on the search for great granola recipes that aren’t packed with sugar! I recently found a recipe that sounded yummy. The original can be found here. I made a few changes that added some protein and were “toddler friendly” since Turner loves yogurt parfaits!
I start by combining the oats, pecans, and cinnamon in the standing mixer. I just give that a quick mix to incorporate the dry ingredients. Then, on the stove, I heat the mashed banana, maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut oil, and almond butter, just until they’re well combined.
After that’s combined, I pour it into my mixer and mix until the oats are completely coated with the wet ingredients. I spread it out on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
And, there you have it! A delicious granola recipe for everyone in the family!
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (or old fashioned)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the mashed banana, syrup, brown sugar, oil, and almond butter. Heat over medium-low heat until sugar and oil have melted and the mixture is combined.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine oats, cinnamon, and pecans.
- With the mixer on low, pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined and oats are completely coated.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (stirring halfway through) until the granola is dry and golden brown.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge.