It’s hard to believe it’s Christmas Eve Eve already! We have been busy busy! Tomorrow we are going to my grandparents’ house, and Wednesday we will go to my mom and stepdad’s house.
Our family doesn’t really do big presents. We either do a secret santa, or a little homemade gift. So I put together a few gift jars for my family and thought I’d share! I used my Breakfast Cookie recipe, because I had everything on hand. I feel like everyone is done eating cookies and unhealthy things by the time Christmas rolls around, so I’d rather give them a little “healthy” cookie option!
This is what I did:
- I made a wax paper funnel to pour the ingredients into mason jars.
- Layer 3/4 cup oats on the bottom
- Then add 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Add 1/4 cup craisins and 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Top with 1/2 cup almond meal
- Print labels for the front.
- Write the directions on little cards and tie them to the jars with red yarn.
Here are my directions:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Pour cookie mix into the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Add 1 mashed banana, 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 heaping Tbsp peanut butter.
- Mix until combined
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use large ice cream scoop to place 6 mounds on parchment paper
- Press gently to flatten
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are firm and start to brown
These are the perfect way to show someone you care without spending a lot of money! Merry almost Christmas!