I am a salad lover! I feel like salads get a bad rap because they can be boring! But, salads can be a mixture of anything. It doesn’t have to just be lettuce and vegetables! I love salads because I can just throw everything in a bowl, without measuring, and have a flavorful meal ready to go!
This salad is basically a grilled chicken salad, but with a TON of fun additions. This is the chicken recipe I use. I had some leftover quinoa, so I tossed that in. I also had a million strawberries from strawberry picking and some corn from the Farmer’s Market last weekend. I decided to saute the corn for a nice warm bite. I folded in the cooked quinoa and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Here is the assembly: I line the bowls with some arugula, then layer on a scoop of the corn mixture, strawberries, diced turkey bacon, grilled chicken, and then top it with some sunflower seeds for texture! Here is a link to the vinaigrette I use.
WOW, delicious. I even scooped out some of the corn mixture to serve Turner. He can’t exactly do salads yet, but this is a bit of our dinner deconstructed so I don’t have to make him a whole separate meal! I will definitely be making this again! It was a big hit!
- 2 marinated chicken cutlets, grilled and sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 ears of corn, cut from cob (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- sunflower seeds
- Grill the chicken breasts and slice (chicken recipe linked in the blog). Set aside to cool while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Cut the corn away from the cob (or use frozen) and saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir in quinoa and set aside.
- Line two bowls with arugula. Layer the corn and quinoa mixture over the arugula.
- Layer strawberries, bacon, and grilled chicken on top. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Top with your favorite dressing (vinaigrette linked in the blog). Enjoy!