Life has been a bit busy lately. I feel like I haven’t had time to plan a solid meal for any of us! I definitely always have frozen purees on hand for Turner, but he’s getting a bit picky when it comes to food! He LOVES peanut butter sandwiches, anything with sweet potatoes, bananas with avocado, and oatmeal. Those are pretty much the staples around here. But, in an effort to keep him NOT picky, I’m committed to making him different foods that will peak his interest.
I made a batch of Frittata Cups this morning. He loves them and they’re perfect for “make ahead” healthy meals. I keep them in the freezer and just take one out and put it in a container in the fridge the night before! They couldn’t be easier to make. I start by cooking the frozen potatoes until they’re browned, about 5 minutes. Then I add a diced zucchini, and cook one more minute until it’s softened.
I pour that onto a plate to cool while I prep the rest of the ingredients. In a large bowl, I whisk together the eggs, water, yogurt, salt & pepper. Once that’s combined, I stir in the veggies and cheese.
Finally, I use a quarter cup measure to scoop the mixture into a muffin tin lined with silicone baking cups.
I cook them for 30 minutes at 350F until they’re nice and firm. YUM!
Stew and I actually eat them too. They’re great for him because he leaves early in the morning for work. So he just pops them in the microwave and has breakfast on the go!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 diced feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup frozen potato mixture to the pan in an even layer. Cook for 5 minutes, turning every minute or so. Add diced zucchini to the pan. Cook one minute, stirring occasionally, until zucchini softens. Transfer vegetables to a plate to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, water, yogurt, salt, and pepper. Stir in vegetable mixture and feta cheese. Line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups (paper liners get wet and stick to the eggs). Use a 1/4 cup scoop to fill muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm through center.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for three days or in the freezer for three months.