I made a salad for dinner tonight. I normally don’t like creamy dressings, but I wanted a dressing that was a bit more substantial than my usual vinaigrette! I did some experimenting and came up with this healthy and delicious dressing that I thought I’d share!
The salad I made to go along with it had romaine lettuce, red peppers, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, and shredded carrots. It was the perfect pairing!
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, into a blender. Blend until combined. With the blender on low, stream in olive oil until the dressing reaches desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in fridge.