We’ve been wanting to replace the mantel in our house since the day we moved in! The trim work and attention to detail in this house are so beautiful, and it didn’t quite fit. We did our best to work with it, but it’s been on our to-do list. Here’s a shot of the old mantel.
This past weekend we finally did it! Stew worked for two days tearing down the old and rebuilding the new. Here’s the progress:
Once he finished his part, it was my turn. I did all the caulking and nail hole filling. I sanded it down and painted over the brick and wood to match our trim. It came out perfect! It was exactly what we envisioned! Now I’m counting down the days until I can start decorating it for the holidays!!