Turner loves a good smoothie. In fact, we have a “smoothie date” every day before his nap. That means we either go to our local smoothie shop, or if we’d rather not spend an arm and a leg, we go home and make our own. Our “go-to” is some sort of variation on this one.
Recently, I’ve been seeing a lot of smoothie bowls on Pinterest, and I thought that would be such a fun thing to try! So I did a similar recipe to our favorite smoothie, but made it a bit thicker to eat with a spoon. And the toppings are the best part! Do you have a favorite? I’d love to hear!
- 1/2 ripe avocado (flesh)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Cup frozen cherries
- 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional toppings: coconut, raspberries, bananas, chia seeds, walnuts
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until combined. Top with your favorite toppings!
- I use a vitamix, so the tamper allows me to mash everything down as I blend. If you have a regular blender, stop periodically to scrape down the sides so it's nice and smooth.